Monday, March 17, 2008

Green bicycling: A Sierra Club quiz

One of the ironic sights from which I get the most wicked pleasure is this: An SUV--the kind whose TV ads show drivers blithely zipping down back roads, cruising through unexplored wilderness, or roaring straight up the side of Devil's Tower--tying up traffic in a Fred Meyer parking lot because the driver's waiting for a parking spot to open up in the first row.

In a somewhat similar vein, the Sierra Club reminds us that just riding a bike doesn't automatically make you a green warrior. Take their quiz and see how you rate.

As you can see at right, I did okay, but the Sierrans make it clear I've got room to improve.

I'll give you a big, fat hint for getting maximum points on one of the questions, but you didn't hear this from me:



(Bambucicletta image via the American Bamboo Society.)

No comments: