Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Wait for it . . . wait for it . .

The winter solstice happened at 8:49 PM last night, during the dark. Around here we're more interested in what happens to the daylight.

Starting today, we get more of it; only a fraction of a second today (but I can feel it, I can tell you which one was the extra second, I promise you), then about five seconds more for several days after that, gradually incrementing until we're getting over three minutes more a day by the third week in March. Then the rate of increase in daylight begins to slow again until the third week in June, when the daily increase becomes only a few seconds again.

And then . . . well, I don't want to discuss that right now.


All that matters now is that the bird and I appear to have muddled through once more. The light at the end of the tunnel is sunlight.  

No comments: