Thursday, December 24, 2015

A sign of good prospects for 2016?

That must be what it means, since 2015 wasn't that great a year around p3 Global Headquarters.

Anyway, for the first time in at least 15 years, meaning well before the sport went pro and appointed a league statistician and its first commissioner, I successfully made it to 12:01am December 24th without hearing "The Little Drummer Boy," which means I earned the equivalent of straight 10.0's from the judges in the annual p3 Little Drummer Boy Competition.

I had to watch in sorrow as a number of friends -- great competitors all, including Steven, Candiss, Hunter, Darley, Zoe, and Joshua -- fell by the side of the track. I accept this award in their honor, and look forward to joining them, and new competitors, at 2016 spring training, somewhere in the sun belt I hope.

Meanwhile, my agent is ready to negotiate endorsement deals.

We'll meet back here at 12:01am Friday, November 25, 2016. May the odds be ever in your favor.



No comments: