Saturday, July 25, 2015

Glitch

I've been trying to find out why this URL recently began getting hijacked (to MySpace pages, to some gardening page, etc.) while the tab is left open for a while. Apparently, I'm not alone in this. Since the problem is intermittent, it's been a little harder for me to get a bead on it.

My research suggests it may have to do with a SiteMeter widget interacting badly with Blogger accounts, but I haven't been able to track down a fix, including at the SiteMeter web site (where the News and Announcements page was last updated in February 2009, and the link to the SupportCenter page times out without loading -- draw what conclusions you choose from that) or at the Blogger help forum, where the help I've found hasn't been very helpful yet.

If you're having trouble with this, my apologies. If you're a fellow blogger who's experiencing the same problem, my sympathies.

If I find a link to a definite fix, I'll post it here.

Meanwhile, here's a video of a penguin escaping killer whales.




No comments: