Friday, October 9, 2009

Does anyone know where Dana Carvey was at 8am Oslo time?

I don't want to harsh anyone's Nobel Peace Prize buzz; I just want to make sure:

You probably remember when, a few days before the election last November, a couple of Montreal pranksters called up Gov. Sarah Palin and convinced her she was talking to French prime minister Nicolas Sarkozy.

Well, after listening to the audio clip of selection committee chairman Thorbjoern Jagland, played several times on KPOJ this morning, I'm a little concerned. Here's Jagland explaining why Obama was chosen to receive the Peace prize:




Am I really the only person who thinks that sounds suspiciously like Dana Carvey's "Hans the body-builder" character?



All I'm saying is, did anyone at the White House make a call to Oslo to confirm that the phone call really did come from the Nobel Committee, just to make sure they hadn't been punk'd?

No comments: