Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The unforgiving minute

"I have not been made aware of the details of any interrogation program to the extent that any such program may be classified, and thus do not know what techniques may be involved in any such program that some may find analogous or comparable to the coercive techniques presented to me at the hearing and in your letter."

Michael Mukasey, Attorney General nominee,
insisting during Senate confirmation hearings
that he had no formed opinion on whether
waterboarding is illegal ( 2007).

"Senator, your question to me was, did I debate the contents of Roe versus Wade, the outcome in Roe versus Wade, do I have this day an opinion, a personal opinion, on the outcome in Roe versus Wade, and my answer to you is that I do not."

Clarence Thomas, Supreme Court nominee,
insisting during Senate confirmation hearings
that he had never formed an opinion on Roe
v. Wade (1991),


Where does the Bush family find these people?

Minute's up.

No comments: