Thursday, March 31, 2016

Happy (belated) birthday to that strange wild man who roamed the fields of Provence





Wouldn't it be nice to have a time machine so you could do things like this with your heroes? 

(I have this fantasy -- inspired, I think, by a cartoon I saw many years ago -- that I could bring Dr. Benjamin Franklin to 2016. We'd walk down the street, and he would marvel at all the inventions he could never have dreamed of. Cars, cell phones, television, airplanes -- zippers, refrigerator magnets, mechanical pencils, plastic forks and spoons -- everything. He'd ask me how they all worked . . . and that's when things would sort of fizzle out and I'd steer him into a local pub for a beer.)


And wouldn't it be nice to have a time machine so you could go back and post this on Vincent's actual birthday, which was yesterday?

No comments: