Saturday, November 8, 2014

Saturday afternoon tunes: Stick it to The Man! Justice for all!

For a while this week, I was thinking I might have to play this song for SAT: It had been featured on a number of sites as part of post-election comment, and it burrowed into my skull and wrapped around my cerebral cortex like the only indigenous species of Ceti Alpha V. And stayed there for two days.

But then it finally went away -- driven out in part by today's pick,I'm happy to report. Plus, I'm not much interested in using Tuesday as an excuse to be depressed by looking at the past (as the current president often says about unindicted war criminals in the previous administration).

So here's a song about good things in the future. Mid-February 2015, to be exact:
Saul, Saul, you better call Saul!
He'll fight for your rights when your back's to the wall!
Stick it to The Man!
Justice for all!
You better call Saul!

Who do you trust to stick it to The Man for you? Mitch McConnell, who pretends he isn't crooked as a snake, or someone who admits he's crooked as a snake? Someone like Saul Goodman?

America, you better call Saul!

No comments: