Saturday, October 19, 2013

The unforgiving minute: That's so 1992!

I rarely have occasion to mention the Drudge Report around here. (In fact, I just checked: In nine years, this is his seventh mention, and the first to be directly about him.)

This could be why:





Amanda Marcotte, at the link above (from which I also lifted the screen capture), helpfully points out that ketchup slipped to second place on America's tables about 20 years ago. That was a few years before Drudge got his start as a Hollywood/Washington gossip source, dumpster-diving for overnight box-office numbers and apparently vowing never to update his site again.

But even though I wasn't much of a Seinfeld fan, even I knew about the classic 1992 episode “The Pitch:”

If your browser won't display the embedded version, click here

The Drudge Report: A blog about nothing.

Minute's up.

No comments: