Friday, November 11, 2011

Eleven!


This morning at 11am (naturally) ET, my favorite live-streaming campus radio station WCCR-LP-FM will present “11-11-11: A Celebration” -- a one-hour tribute to Spinal Tap co-founder Nigel Tufnel (today is Nigel Tufnel Day; you did remember that, didn't you?) and the rest of the band (both living and mysteriously dead).

Bear in mind, of course, that 11am ET is about an hour from now on the west coast.

Classic Tap cuts will be mixed with never-before heard behind-the-scenes stories about the world's loudest -- and most punctual -- heavy metal band.

If your browser won't display the embedded version, click here. And crank it to eleven.

Thrill! to the story of the secret wartime technology behind Tap's classic “crank it to 11” sound!

Marvel! at the self-improvement movement -- Become Your Eleven -- inspired by the Tap's music!

Quake in fear! at the secret messages revealed when you play “Number Eleven” backwards!

And for the record: I'm not saying I wrote any of the original material for the show, and I'm not saying I performed any of it either. I'm just saying it might sound a lot like I maybe did.

The show will be re-aired today at 3pm ET/12pm PT. After that, it could be like those Disney films that go into the vault, not to be seen again for another 20 years.

No comments: