Thursday, March 10, 2011

The campaign theme song for Gingrich 2012: "It's like we're doing it for Disneyland!"

Here's traditional values supporter Newt's most recent attempt to mount (heh) a defense of his serial adultery:

There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate," Gingrich told CBN's David Brody, in an interview taped at the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition and posted online Tuesday night.

You see, it wasn't that Gingrich was cheating, per se, on his wife (context makes it unclear which wife, and which mistress, he's specifically referring to here). It's that he was driven by how passionately he felt about this country and things got a little, you know, out of hand. (It's easier than you might think.)

It's a new variation on an old ploy: If you didn't want to go all the way, you shouldn't have got me feeling so patriotic.

Here at p3 we urge the disgraced former speaker, purported intellectual, and eternal presidential campaign tease to turn lemons into lemonade by adopting this as his 2012 campaign theme song:



Let's do it for our country,
The red, white and the blue.
Its Uncle Sam who's asking,
So your mother will approve.
Tomorrow I'll be fighting and I'll win this war for you.
Let's do it for our country --
Our country wants us to.
Bullets are exploding --
They'll soon be at the door.
It's something to America you never gave before.

Yeah, let's do it for our country --
The red, white and the blue.
If the president were standing here,
I'm sure he would approve.
I'll be a mighty soldier before this night is through.
Let's do this for our country --
Our country wants us to.

All honors to Morgan for the idea, and h/t to longtime p3 friend and correspondent, proud Doctor Beyond, for passing it along.

(By the way, with this post I'm officially launching a new content label: GOP secret playlist.)

No comments: