Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas morning, 1962



As I look at this photo this morning, I don't think about how little I miss Midwestern winters. I don't think about those teeth crying out for orthodontia. I don't want to warn him off the red-and-white handlebar streamers (he'll figure that out himself, soon enough.)

I don't even think about that Charlie Brown winter hat.

No, I look across the years at that kid, standing proudly with his new Schwinn, and I want to cry out, "Are you insane? Don't try to ride your bike when the road has a layer of packed snow on it!"

But I might as well try telling him he'd shoot his eye out with that BB gun.

2 comments:

Chuck Butcher said...

There are very similar picuture of myself, naturally also B&W and none of those warnings ever held water.

I wish you Happy Holidays.

Max Blessing said...

Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end... Thanks for sharing the picture. To think that we were 9 once!