Senate Republicans may have found a way to keep public health care meetings at home from getting out of control: keep the public out.
On Monday, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), Sen. Kit Bond (R-Mo.) and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) will host a "Health Care Reform Forum" at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Missouri.
"No, it's not open to the public," Jessica Salazar, who does media relations for Children's Mercy Hospital and Clinics, told HuffPost. The meeting, she said, will be attended by 75 invited guests.
It is, however, open to the press, she said.
Let's tally it up:
- The weaselly character: Check
- The "what's in it for me" Republicanism: Check
- The conspicuous comb-over: Check
- The lipless, chinless smirk: Check
- The abject horror of confronting those back on the home front: Check
- The connection to the early 19th century frontier (Louisville KY and Fort Wayne IN, respectively): Check
Yes, it's official: Sen. Mitch "The Weasel" McConnell and Maj. Frank "Ferret Face" Burns are Separated at Birth. (Full posts here.)
(Hat tip to Jason.)
(Image sources: McConnell, Burns.)