Friday, May 9, 2008

The next seal of the Apocalypse has been broken

I'm 10 minutes in to my morning reading, and here's what I've got already:


RCMP subdue hospitalized man, 82, with Taser

Frank Lasser, 82, appeared fragile Thursday when he showed the Taser marks on his body and talked about the ordeal he went through Saturday.

"They [police] should have known I had bypass surgery," Lasser told CBC News.

Lasser has had heart surgery and needs to carry an apparatus to supply oxygen at all times. He was in the Royal Inland Hospital Saturday due to pneumonia but has since been released.

RCMP said nurses called police after Lasser became delirious and pulled a knife out of his pocket.

Lasser told CBC News that he sometimes becomes delusional when he can't breathe properly.



Republicans vote against Mother’s Day.

On Wednesday, the House took up the seemingly uncontroversial H. Res. 1113, “Celebrating the role of mothers in the United States and supporting the goals and ideals of Mother’s Day.” The resolution initially passed 412 to 0, until Rep. Todd Tiahrt (R-KS) rose [to ask for a recorded vote] […]

Tiahrt’s mother, however, may be disappointed to know that her son did not support Mother’s Day. He and 177 other Republicans decided to cast their vote against mothers.



3 accused of using corpse head to smoke pot

"I just doubted it because it's very morbid, and I couldn't see anybody doing something like this,"[Houston PD officer Jim] Adkins said Thursday.

Not until police went to the home of another Kingwood 17-year-old, Matthew Richard Gonzalez, did the officer believe the tale.

"He regurgitated in his plate of food when I asked him about it," Adkins said. "So I knew there was some truth to the story."



At this rate, I don't think I even want to know what my horoscope says.

Scratch that--I'm not even going near the bridge column today.


[Want to share/recommend this post to others? Click the Digg button below.]

No comments: