Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Reduced Republican Presidential Debates

I suppose it's not an attitude that will heal the rifts in American civil discourse, but I still get a pretty good laugh watching the Republicans face what Democrats faced for a long time:

They don't much like any of their candidates, and for months they wished some Hollywood star would come in and magically make it all better. (Of course, when the Dems fantasize about a Deus Ex Hollywood, they're thinking of Warren Beatty or George Clooney. When the Repubs fantasize, for some reason it's about a guy who looks and sounds a lot like Homer Simpson's dad, shown here refusing to raise his hand for the moderator.)

And if Alan Keyes didn't exist, Democrats would simply have to invent him. He's that good.

So here it is, courtesy of TPM: The final GOP presidential debate, condensed to under 10 minutes.





Now let's be frank: It's not exactly on a par with the complete works of Shakespeare (including the sonnets) reduced to 97 minutes, but in fairness the Republicans didn't get to start with the same quality material.

Still, watching Romney chant "I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna"--that's good television.

No comments: