Thursday, December 20, 2007

Happy thought for the day

Judicial underachiever and self-loathing quota beneficiary Clarence Thomas doesn't enjoy his work:

"There's not much that entices about the job," Thomas said, answering questions from the public that provided a rare glimpse of the man behind the office. "There's no money in it, no privacy, no big houses, and from an ego standpoint, it does nothing for me."

Thomas, 59, said the position is satisfying because he feels he's serving the public, and he's honored by it, "but I wouldn't say I like it."

"I like sports," Thomas said. "I like to drive a motor home."


Thomas, part of the 5-4 majority in Bush v. Gore, added this image (although whether with irony or not is difficult to say):

Thomas said sometimes he will just sit and read the Constitution to admire it as a document.


Clarence Thomas, unhappy that he's a Supreme Court Justice.

Good.

(Hat tip to ThinkProgress.)

No comments: