Sunday, March 4, 2007

Switzerland attacks!

P3 correspondent Alan asks: "Has it come to this? Has the famed Swiss neutrality come to an end?"

From the Washington Post (and it's not about Al Gore, so you know it's reliable):
What began as a routine training exercise almost ended in an embarrassing diplomatic incident after a company of Swiss soldiers got lost at night and marched into neighboring Liechtenstein.
Still, how scary could it really have been for the Liechtensteiners, even without an army of their own, to look up and see this coming over the border?

(I can't imagine a Blogger label for this post that I would ever reuse, so it's going unlabeled.)

(Update: Serves me right for sitting on this one for a day or two: Charlie Burr got there first. When I saw that, I thought about just dispensing with my post altogether--does the Oregon blog market really need two Switzerland posts the same weekend?--but that photo was just too precious not to share.)

No comments: