Saturday, October 7, 2006

Saturday morning toon

Given that his first two books about the Bush administration were little more than literary reach-arounds, I suppose I'm gratified that Bob Woodward's latest book considers that possibility that the White House may not have been 100% honest about the facts for the last six years.

And I'm clearly not the only one wondering why it took him so long to catch up--on this one it's pretty hard to ignore the Oliphant in the room.

And I'll bet I'm not the only one who's getting a little tired of Woodward sitting on information that Americans could have used, until his next blockbuster book comes out. If all he's going to do is write a book every two years--as opposed to, say, actually reporting something in a timely manner--does the Washington Post really need him on their staff?

No comments: