Saturday, December 3, 2005

Happy anniversary to p3!

Yes, it was a year ago this weekend I launched this blog. (Good lord--is that all the longer it's been since Bush was re-elected? Seems like it's been dragging on forever.)

When I started this, I figured I'd give it a year, keep the hours-per-week at a modest level (which I've mostly done), and see where things stood. I'll have some more to say about Year One and Year(s) To Come in a day or two.

But for now, the re-design marks the beginning of the new year. (I had something more complicated in mind, but it was more . . . well, complicated.) I was going to miss the deadline for having it ready--plus a lot of other deadlines too--if I didn't scale back to something more modest for now. So this is the modest re-design. I could have just left the layout as it was, but I was really tired of looking at it (and I get the feeling I wasn't alone). I had to at least move the furniture around a little, and slap on a coat of paint.

The color scheme is meant to suggest the Oregon coast in December.

There'll be more small changes to come as I fiddle with a few more features.

Thanks to all who've visited, made suggestions, and left comments.

More to come.

[By the way, one of the little bugs I plan to deal with is that the new design doesn't look quite as good in Internet Explorer. I'll be working on that, but in the meantime, why haven't you switched to Mozilla Firefox anyway?]

3 comments:

brainhell said...

I is not permitted to oubt the president.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary PPP!

I greatly prefer this color scheme to the old one. This one not only is much easier to read, it's downright attractive. And kudos to the design change in the PPP title line. Very nice.

Still waiting on a more flattering photo of you, maybe that's in the next wave of redesign. (You can still look cool and cerebral without hiding behind your hand, you know)! But don't make too many more changes, it's good the way it is right now.

Again - congrats, and I'm glad I found you.

Oaktown Girl

Lance Mannion said...

Happy Anniversary, Bill!

And the new design is quite easy on the eye. I like it. But then I am one of the smart people who use Firefox.