Saturday, November 12, 2005

Colbert Report update

I've pretty much quit watching the second half of the show. I stay through "The Word," which I think is funny, original, and usually dead-on satire. But after that--the interviews and the rest--it just doesn't do it for me.

It doesn't help on those evenings when the straight-news clips that Colbert is doing shtick on are the same ones that Stewart was using a half hour earlier on "The Daily Show."

So at least it gets me to bed about twenty minutes earlier, four nights a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When is the exact 1 year birthday for you blog? I can't tell by looking at the archive.
(Maybe PPP is a Sagittarius, like me!)

Yeah, Colbert is hit and miss after the "Word" segment. I never watch it live though...don't have the patience to deal with the commercials. (The "Patience" part of your "PPP" quote has never been my stong suit - Hot Sagitarius Fire- Sign- Action- Lady hasn't got time to be waitin' around on no fools!) Pretty much any show I watch I record first and it watch later so I can zip thru the ads and the bits I find not so entertaining.

Oaktown Girl