Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Letter to Senator Boxer

Pursuant to my theory that more people need to become letter-writing cranks:

Dear Senator Boxer:

Thank you for leading the much-deserved challenge to the integrity of Secretary of State nominee Rice. As National Security Advisor, Dr. Rice willingly--cheerfully--collaborated in misleading the American public about the grounds for war with Iraq. She did a dreadful job of overseeing the various government bodies charged with maintaining the security of our nation. And she made it clear, as you said during Senate confirmation hearings yesterday, that she put personal loyalty to George Bush above her duty to the truth--and, one might add, to the American people and to the Constitution.

Creative Google searching did not locate a web site where I can donate--however modestly--to your re-election. But anyone who can make the Senate GOP leadership claim that it's shameful to use the war on terrorism for political purposes deserves my support. I hope you'll send me a link where I can contribute.

Sincerely,

Bill Nothstine


If anyone reading this post knows where one can contribute to Sen. Boxer's re-election campaign fund online, please let me know.

No comments: