Saturday, May 16, 2015

Saturday evening tunes: And I feel like I've been here before

In August 1970, I rode with some friends from Indiana to New Mexico and back in a station wagon with exactly two tapes for the 8-track player: "Glen Campbell Live" and Crosby, Still, Nash, and Young's "Déjà Vu," which we pooled our money to buy at a truck stop after about an hour on the road so we would have something other than Glen Campbell to listen to. I can't guess how many times CSNY got played over and over and over on that trip, but the finest tribute to it I can pay is that, all these years later, I still love that album.




Forty-five years ago today, CSNY's first album hit #1 on the US album chart. It also had three top 40 singles: "Teach Your Children," "Woodstock," and "Our House."

Also, on this day in 1962, B. Bumble and the Stingers hit #1 on the UK charts with this.

No comments: